Which of these Social Media touchpoints are most relevant to your business right now?
“Do I need Twitter?”
- Great for news items and snippets of information (140 characters max) if your business sells direct to consumers, or to businesses.
- You have a handle (eg @Touchpoints_UK) and tweet to other people using their handles.
- You can use hashtags # to help people to find your topic (See #Polling and #Vote in the tweet below)
- Can include links and images
“Do I need Instagram?”
- Simple square images in block format that show an element of lifestyle and give a flavour to what you’re about
- If your target audience is aged between 19-31yrs then you should be channelling energy here
- People can ‘follow’ your images, they can also ‘like’ and ‘comment’ too
“Do I need Facebook?”
- Pages are relevant for businesses who want to spread messages to consumers directly.
- Adverts can boost your visibility to selected demographics – quite reasonably priced.
- No limit on word count, although steer clear of waffling. Add images and links as necessary.
- Receiving Likes and Comments gives you instant feedback on your posts.