Here are some of the main calendar events and awareness days that you need to know about in January.
They might form the basis of a blog post, a social media campaign, an email, or even a limited edition product or service for your business.
In case you didn’t know, January is a month for giving up alcohol and we have the perfect non-alcoholic Champagne alternative for you! Make Dry January a breeze with Saicho’s luxury sparkling tea!
As well as dry January, there is also the polar opposite ‘Gin-uary!’ Another month-long challenge is Veganuary, removing the consumption of meat and dairy.
Which of these will work for your business this month? What will your customers be interested to learn more about?
Specific Dates for marketing in January are…
- 1st New Year’s Day*
- 2nd- National Science Fiction Day
- 3rd – Festival of Sleep Day*
- 3rd – International mind-body wellness day
- 4th – World braille day
- 5th – Twelfth Night (the end of the Christmas festivities and the date decorations should come down)
- 11th – National take the stairs day
- 13th – Make your dream come true day
- 13th – St Hilary’s Feast Day – believed to be the coldest day of the year. Brr.
- 14th – National vision board day
- 16th – Blue Monday
- 16th – Global World Search Day
- 16th – Martin Luther King Day – always the third Monday in January.
- 17th – Ditch the new years resolutions day. Who has actually spent 365 days working on a resolution? Far too long, which is why I work business and personal goals around the moon cycle.
- 17th – Kid Inventors Day* – yesss, the Entrepreneurs of the future!
- 18th – Winnie the Pooh Day*
- 20th – Cheese Lover’s Day
- 20th – Get to know your customers day
- 21st – Hugging Day
- 21st Red Squirrel Appreciation Day
- 22nd – Chinese New Year
- 23rd – Pie Day
- 23rd-27th – Farmhouse Breakfast Week
- 24th – International Day of Education
- 24th – Speak up and succeed day
- 25th – Burn’s Night* A night to eat haggis, neeps and tattis and celebrate Robert Burns Poems.
- 26th Australia Day (National Day of Australia)
- 27th – National fun at work day
- 28th – International Lego Day
- 28th – International reducing CO2 emissions day
- 28th – Global Community Engagement Day
- 31st – International Zebra Day
(*Denotes it’s the same date every year.)
January Marketing Calendar
My aim is to make it easier to plan ahead for your social media schedule, create a relevant blog that speaks to your audience about something from this list, or even consider a limited edition product or service to capitalise on an event!
Be quick! Our January Growth Programme starts on the 10th, sign up before it’s too late. Find out more here!