Here’s your September Marketing Calendar, full of ideas and inspiration in the month ahead.
The month of September celebrates an array of celebrations, and is the time to start up again after the refreshing warm Summer! In fact, September is self-improvement month, take this time to reflect on you and your business to understand the steps that need to be taken.
September is also Alzheimer’s awareness month. To find how you can raise awareness and support this month, take a look at Alzheimer’s Society.
This month, children return to school and for a lot of businesses I speak to, it feels like the first month of the year. As a self-confessed stationery geek, I love shopping for new notebooks, pens and other bits and bobs.
So, here it is… I’ve carefully curated lots of other occasions this month that you can plan your marketing calendar around them.
- 1st – Back to School Day (lots of different start dates)
- 1st – Food Bank Day
- 2nd to 16th – Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight
- 4th- National Wildlife Day
- 4th – Labour Day (US)
- 4th to 8th Zero Waste Week
- 5th – International Day of Charity
- 6th – Read a Book Day*
- 8th – International Literacy Day
- 8th – Star Trek Day
- 9th – International Sudoku Day
- 9th – Emergency Services Day*
- 10th – Swap Ideas Day (#SwapIdeasDay)*
- 10th-World Suicide Prevention Day
- 10th – Grandparents Day (US)
- 10th – Hug your Hound Day (US)
- 11th – Make Your Bed Day
- 12th – National Day of Encouragement
- 13th- Roald Dahl Day
- 13th – Positive Thinking Day
- 14th – World Atopic Eczema Day
- 15th – World Afro Day
- 15th – Online Learning Day
- 16th – Guacamole Day
- 16th – International Red Panda Day
- 16th- 100 days until Christmas (Get your Xmas campaigns planned!)
- 16th to 1st October- British Food Fortnight
- 17th – World Patient Safety Day
- 18th- International Equal Pay Day
- 18th – Read an Ebook Day
- 21st – World Alzheimer’s Day
- 21st – World Gratitude Day
- 21st – International Day of Peace
- 22nd – Derbyshire Day*
- 23rd- International Day of Sign Languages
- 23rd – Bi-Visibility Day
- 23rd – International Rabbit Day
- 24th – World Rivers Day
- 24th to 25th – Yom Kippur (One of the holiest days in Judaism)
- 26th- European Day of Languages
- 26th- World Environmental Health Day
- 27th-World Tourism Day
- 28th- International Day for Universal Access to Information
- 29th – Michaelmas Day
- 29th-World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
- 29th- International Day of Awareness of Food Loss & Waste
- 30th- International Podcast Day (Have you listened to our sales and marketing podcast?)
- 30th – Love People Day
- 30th- International Translation Day
- 30th – Rumi Day* (see below)
(*Denotes it’s the same date every year.)
Rumi, the Persian Poet and Muslim leader was alive 800 years ago and yet his quotes are synonymous today with positivity, life, love, energy and wonder.
Here are 300 Rumi quotes that will make you feel joyous and happy. #RumiQuote
September Marketing Calendar
My aim is to make it easier to plan ahead for your social media schedule, create a relevant blog that speaks to your audience about something from this list, or even consider a limited edition product or service to capitalise on an event!
Need more help with your Marketing Strategy?
I know you’re busy running your business and sometimes planning your marketing goes to the bottom of the pile.
Don’t worry, we are here to help, we have an array of services to support you!
If you are looking for 1-2-1 support take a look at our Marketing Masterplan. Enter our boardroom for one day and we will develop a brand-new plan together!
Want to talk? Book a discovery call with Vic to discuss your options for outsourcing your marketing or enquiries about our other services!
Take a look at our website here.