Need a February Marketing Calendar? Here are some of the main events and awareness days that you need to know about in February.
I’ve searched the web and found you the best items for this marketing calendar, from about 6 different websites.
My aim is to make it easier to plan ahead for your social media schedule, create a relevant blog post or email that speaks to your audience about something from this list, or even consider a limited edition product or service to capitalise on an event!
In case you didn’t know, February is ‘bird feeding’ month and ‘cherry’ month.
Which of these dates listed below will work for your business this month? What will your customers be interested to learn more about?
Specific Dates for marketing in February are…
- 1st – Ice cream for breakfast day
- 2nd – Groundhog Day
- 3rd – Golden Retriever Day
- 3rd – Carrot Cake Day
- 4th – World Cancer Day
- 4th – Sweater Day
- 5th – World Nutella Day
- 5th – Working naked day (please don’t!!)
- 7th – Yorkshire Pudding Day
- 8th – Opera Day
- 8th to 14th – Secondhand Wardrobe Week
- 8th to 14th – Freelance Writer’s Appreciation Week
- 9th – Read in the bathtub day (I’ve started to do this, but instead of a book I have the Calm App on)
- 12th – Charles Darwin Day*
- 12th – Chinese New Year
- 13th – Radio Day*
- 13th – Galentine’s Day* (Celebrating female friendships)
- 14th – St Valentine’s Day*
- 15th to 21st – Random acts of kindness week
- 16th – Innovation Day
- 16th – Shrove Tuesday (AKA Pancake Day!)
- 16th and 17th – Shrovetide Football in Ashbourne (find out more about Shrovetide here)
- 17th Ash Wednesday
- 18th – Eat ice cream for breakfast day (yes there are two days, so of course, I needed to put them both in!!)
- 18th – Drink wine day
- 20th – Love your pet day
- 20th to 28th – Real bread week
- 22nd – Single tasking day (as opposed to multi-tasking that is!)
- 22nd – World Yoga Day
- 22nd – Walking the dog day
- 22nd – Margarita Day
- 22nd to 7th March – Fairtrade Fortnight
- 22nd to 28th – Engineer’s Week
- 24th – World Bartender Day
- 25th – Digital learning day
- 27th to 7th March – Jewish Book Week
(*Denotes it’s the same date every year.)
The name February is only about 100 years old! It was also known as these names:
- Sol-monath (to the Anglo Saxons)
- Sprout-Kale (to the Saxons)
- Y mis bach (to the Welsh, it means little month)
- Feverell (in Shakespeare’s time)
- Februeer (in Isaac Newton’s time)
Need more help with your Marketing Strategy?
I know you’re busy running your business an sometimes planning your marketing goes to the bottom of the pile.
Don’t worry, I’m here to help.
You can check out my services here.
If you need 1-2-1 support to navigate a marketing problem, decide on how to plan your email nurture programme, or understand your target market in more depth, you can book a Power Hour with me.
No budget? Don’t worry, I have a FREE Marketing Resources section, where you can download lots of cheat sheets.
Or if you’re looking for a self-learning Marketing Audit for your business, check out this Marketing MOT, with a 22 point check on all aspects of your marketing.