Need a February Marketing Calendar? Here are some of the main events and awareness days that you need to know about in February.
I’ve searched the web and found you the best items for this marketing calendar, from a range of trusted sources!
My aim is to make it easier to plan ahead for your social media schedule, create a relevant blog post or email that speaks to your audience about something from this list, or even consider a limited edition product or service to capitalise on an event!
In case you didn’t know, February is ‘bird feeding’ month and ‘cherry’ month.
Which of the dates listed below will work for your business this month? What will your customers be interested to learn more about?
Specific Dates for marketing in February are…
- 2nd – Groundhog Day
- 2nd – World Play Your Ukulele Day
- 3rd – Golden Retriever Day
- 3rd – Carrot Cake Day
- 4th – World Cancer Day
- 4th – Ice cream for breakfast day
- 4th – Sweater Day
- 5th – World Nutella Day
- 5th – Working naked day (please don’t!!)
- 5th – Yorkshire Pudding Day
- 6th – Waitangi Day ( New Zealand’s National Day)
- 6th to 12th – Children’s Mental Health Week
- 7th – Charles Dickens Day
- 7th – Safer Internet Day
- 8th – Opera Day
- 9th – Read in the bathtub day (I’ve started to do this, but instead of a book I have the Calm App on)
- 11th – The International Day of Women & Girls in Science
- 12th – Charles Darwin Day*
- 12th – Chinese New Year
- 13th to 18th – Freelance Writer’s Appreciation Week
- 13th to 19th – Second-hand Wardrobe Week
- 13th to 19th – Random acts of kindness week
- 13th – Radio Day*
- 13th – Galentine’s Day* (Celebrating female friendships)
- 14th – St Valentine’s Day*
- 16th – Innovation Day
- 18th – Eat ice cream for breakfast day (yes there are two days, so of course, I needed to put them both in!!)
- 18th to 26th – Real bread week
- 18th – Drink wine day
- 20th – Love your pet day
- 20th to 28th – Real bread week
- 19th to 25th – Engineer’s Week
- 21st – Shrove Tuesday (AKA Pancake Day!)
- 21st – World Yoga Day
- 21st to 22nd – Shrovetide Football in Ashbourne (find out more about Shrovetide here)
- 22nd – Ash Wednesday
- 22nd – Single tasking day (as opposed to multi-tasking that is!)
- 22nd – Walking the dog day
- 22nd – Margarita Day
- 22nd – Ash Wednesday
- 23rd – Digital learning day
- 24th – World Bartender Day
- 27th to 7th March – Jewish Book Week
- 27th to 12th March – Fairtrade Fortnight
- 27th – International Polar Bear Day
(*Denotes it’s the same date every year.)
The name February is only about 100 years old! It was also known as these names:
- Sol-monath (to the Anglo Saxons)
- Sprout-Kale (to the Saxons)
- Y mis bach (to the Welsh, it means little month)
- Feverell (in Shakespeare’s time)
- Februeer (in Isaac Newton’s time)
Need more help with your Marketing Strategy?
I know you’re busy running your business and sometimes planning your marketing goes to the bottom of the pile.
Don’t worry, I’m here to help.
You can book a free discovery call with me, book here!
If you need 1-2-1 support to navigate a marketing problem, decide on how to plan your email nurture programme, or understand your target market in more depth, sign up for Level Up With Vic!
No budget? Don’t worry, I have a FREE Marketing Resources section, where you can download lots of cheat sheets.
Or if you’re looking for a self-learning Marketing Audit for your business, check out this Marketing MOT, with a 22-point check on all aspects of your marketing.