Here’s your October Marketing Calendar, full of ideas and inspiration in the month ahead.
The month of October celebrates Black History Month, Fairtrade, but also computer learning and pizzas (there’s a whole month dedicated to pizzas??)
It’s also know for highlighting the awareness of Domestic Violence, ADHD, Dyslexia, Breast Cancer, Cyber Security, LGBTQ+ and Fire Prevention!
This month, we’ll also start to see PSL’s in the coffee shops (that’s Pumpkin Spiced Lattes to the uninitiated!)
Speaking of coffee shops, here’s a photo from my own award-winning coffee shop in Surrey, taken in October 2013. I hung an old fashioned bike on the wall and during halloween, the staff dressed it up with cobwebs and big spiders!
So, here it is… I’ve carefully curated lots of other occasions this month that you can plan your marketing calendar around them.
Specific Dates for marketing in October are…
- 1st – International Coffee Day
- 1st – Grandparents Day (UK)
- 1st to 31st – Black History Month
- 1st – World Vegetarian Day
- 1st to 31st – Unblocktober – Check this out!
- 2nd – 8th – National Curry Week
- 2nd to 8th – Dyslexia Week
- 3rd – ‘Buy British’ Day*
- 4th – Taco Day*
- 4th to 10th – World Space Week
- 5th – World Teacher’s Day*
- 5th – National Poetry Day
- 6th – World Smile Day
- 8th – – World Dyslexia Awareness Day
- 9th – Beer and Pizza Day*
- 9th – Thanksgiving (Canada)
- 10th – World Porridge Day*
- 10th – World Mental Health Day*
- 10th – Own Business Day
- 11th – National Burn Awareness Day
- 12th – Harry Potter Book Day
- 13th – National Train Your Brain Day
- 15th – World Student’s Day*
- 15th – Shwmae Su’mae Day (annual celebration of the Welsh Language)
- 16th – Dictionary Day*
- 16th – World Food Day (United Nations)*
- 16th – 22nd – UK Coffee Week
- 18th – Chocolate Cupcake Day*
- 19th – International Gin and Tonic Day*
- 19th – Get to Know Your Customers Day
- 20th – International Chef Day*
- 20th – Office Chocolate Day
- 21st – National Apple Day
- 21st – International Archaeology Day
- 21st – National Sweetest Day
- 21st – Trafalgar Day*
- 21st – World Singing Day
- 21st – International Repair Day
- 22nd – INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY
- 23rd to 30th – Half Term
- 24th – United Nations Day*
- 26th – Pumpkin Day*
- 27th – Global Champagne Day #ChampagneDay (I like this one!)
- 28th – Make A Difference Day
- 29th – Clocks go back (2am)
- 29th – National Cat Day
- 29th – International Internet Day
- 30th – Checklist Day* (See below)
- 30th Oct – 3rd Nov – International stress awareness week
- 31st – Halloween*
- 31st to 2nd Nov – The day of the Dead
(*Denotes it’s the same date every year.)
I don’t know about you, but I really LOVE A good checklist! So when I heard there’s a ‘Checklist Day’ I had to learn more.
I wasn’t expecting to find that in the 1930s, early aviators created such a list to ensure flying could be much safer and avoid the all-too-common crash during take-off.
It is believed that a group of pilots came up with the idea to create a checklist before setting off on the journey.
Just like in business, we need to create checklists before we make a new journey!
As you can imagine, I’ve got the perfect A4 printable checklist to ensure that you have all the right Marketing Touchpoints covered for your business. Download your free marketing checklist here!
October Marketing Calendar
My aim is to make it easier for you to plan ahead for your social media schedule, create a relevant blog that speaks to your audience about something from this list, or even consider a limited edition product or service to capitalise on an event!
Need more help with your Marketing?
I know you’re busy running your business and sometimes planning your marketing goes to the bottom of the pile.
Don’t worry, we are here to help, we have an array of services to support you and can cater them around your individual needs!
If you are looking for 1-2-1 support take a look at our Marketing Masterplan. Enter our boardroom for one day and we will develop a brand-new plan together!
Want to talk? Book a discovery call with Vic to discuss your options for outsourcing your marketing or enquiries about our other services!
Take a look at our homepage here.