Social media has created a new communication channel, creating huge opportunities unlike previous communication technologies. There are so many platforms offering varying features. These have revolutionised Marketing to what it is today.
A major opportunity social media has created is to widen brands outreach. Creating opportunities to target customers internationally. Social media platforms not only target customers but are also a marketplace for customers. They’re revenue generators!
Improved marketing Strategies:
Here at Touchpoints, we think having a strong strategy is the recipe to successful marketing. BusinessMatters magazine says, “social media provides a sneak-peek into everyone’s lives”. Available data allows businesses to understand users’ interests. This is brilliant when creating your marketing strategy!
How does social media benefit my marketing?
Well, alongside improved marketing strategies, here are some other benefits:
• Better SEO rankings: if your business website receives higher social signals, you should stand out, with brand validity and loyalty. This will result in search engines ranking your site higher in relevant searches.
• Increased brand awareness: having a strong social media presence can help build customer trust and loyalty. Social media allows you to publish information, and interact with your customers.
• Increased website traffic: the content you publish on social media creates a reason for followers to visit your website!
Here are some recent social media updates that bring further opportunities:
• Note’s function: this allows users to post up to 2500 words with unique URLs. Unique URLs will increase sharing opportunities. Even those who don’t use Twitter!
• Search Subscribe-similar to Google alerts, users will get push notifications for tweets matching a search query specified
• Location spotlight feature: professional profiles in the UK, USA, Australia & Canada will be able to use the new update! They’ll be able to include location information and display business hours & ways to contact your business.
• Reals Creation Options: users can remix photos into a Real. Further methods to engaging with followers!
• Pinning posts: while being offered on TikTok for some time, users can pin posts to their profile. Users now have more options to customise their grid!
• Corrections: If you are one for making mistakes you’ll love this! Creators can add corrections notes if videos are incorrect or outdated. No more reuploading!
• Critical Alerts Functionality: This allows creators to understand their analytics better. Notifications will be sent if your performance begins to drop off.
• Stories: your followers have an even bigger insight into your business, similar to those on Instagram and Facebook!
• Attribution Manager Tool: this is a marketer’s dream! This provides flexibility in seeing how well your promotion campaigns run on the app.
• Business Manager Platform: this will feature as a dashboard, allowing users to manage people, accounts and pages.
• Audio Events-the platform is aiming to feature Clubhouse-like events!
Social media has created endless opportunities in marketing. 90% of marketers say social media efforts has increased exposure for their business.