July’s marketing calendar makes me think of strawberries & cream at Wimbledon, the Olympics opening ceremony and dressing up for the Henley Regatta…
oh wait… what was that?
They’re all postponed this year?
Ok, so let’s see below what is still happening this July, then you can plan your marketing calendar, sort out your social media schedule, create a relevant blog or even consider a limited edition product or service…
July is the month for…
- Picnics (National Picnic Month)
- Talking (The Samaritans have a month-long ‘Talk To Us’ Campaign)
- Pride (Celebrating everything LGBTQ)
- Plastic Free (lots of ideas here)
Specific Dates for marketing in July are…
- 1st – International Reggae Day in Kingston Jamaica.
- 4th – Independence Day in USA
- 4th – Independent Retailers Day – UK
- 7th – World Chocolate Day
- 17th – World Emoji Day
- 24th – National Tequila Day!
- 30th – World Friendship Day
- 30th – National Cheesecake Day
- 30th July until 3rd August – Eid al-Adha
July events which have been postponed due to the Corona Virus…
- Wimbledon has been cancelled for 2020 and will run from 28th June until 11th July in 2021
- The Olympic Games have also been postponed fro 2020, and will run from 23rd July 2021 until 8th August.
- Well dressings are usually a beautiful sight to behold in June and July, but we’ll need to wait another year for these too.
- The Henley Regatta will run next year from 29th June until 4th July
- The UEFA Cup has been moved to 11th June to 11th July 2021,with all 12 host cities staging the same fixtures as originally planned.
Here’s a list from the Visit England website with some events that usually happen in July. Some may have completely postponed, but some may have moved online.