Here’s your October Marketing Calendar, full of ideas and inspiration in the month ahead.
The month of October famously celebrates Fairtrade, but also computer learning and pizzas (there’s a whole month dedicated to pizzas??)
It’s also know for highlighting the awareness of Domestic Violence, ADHD, Dyslexia, Breast Cancer, Cyber Security and Fire Prevention!
This month, we’ll also start to see PSL’s in the coffee shops (that’s Pumpkin Spiced Lattes to the uninitiated!)
Speaking of coffee shops, here’s a photo from my own award-winning coffee shop in Surrey, taken in October 2013. I hung an old fashioned bike on the wall and during halloween, the staff dressed it up with cobwebs and big spiders!
So, here it is… I’ve carefully curated lots of other occasions this month that you can plan your marketing calendar around them.
Specific Dates for marketing in October are…
- 1st – International Coffee Day
- 1st – World Vegetarian Day
- 1st – 3rd – Unblocktober – Check this out!
- 3rd – ‘Buy British’ Day
- 4th – Taco Day
- 5th – World Teacher’s Day
- 5th – 11th – National Curry Week
- 9th – Beer and Pizza Day
- 10th – World Porridge Day
- 10th – World Mental Health Day*
- 12th – Thanksgiving (Canada)
- 13th – Own Business Day
- 15th – World Student’s Day
- 16th – Dictionary Day
- 16th – World Food Day (United Nations)
- 18th – Chocolate Cupcake Day
- 19th – International Gin and Tonic Day
- 19th – 25th – UK Coffee Week
- 20th – International Chef Day
- 21st – Apple Day
- 23rd – Global Champagne Day #ChampagneDay (I like this one!)
- 24th – Make A Difference Day
- 24th – United Nations Day*
- 25th – Clocks go back (2am)
- 26th – Pumpkin Day
- 27th – Black cat day
- 29th – Internet Day
- 29th – Cat Day
- 30th – Checklist Day (See below)
- 31st – Halloween*
(*Denotes it’s the same date every year.)
I don’t know about you, but I really LOVE A good checklist! So when I heard there’s a ‘Checklist Day’ I had to learn more.
I wasn’t expecting to find that in the 1930s, early aviators created such a list to ensure flying could be much safer and avoid the all-too-common crash during takeoff.
It is believed that a group of pilots came up with the idea to create a checklist before setting off on the journey.
Just like in business, we need to create checklists before we make a new journey!
As you can imagine, I’ve got the perfect A4 printable checklist to ensure that you have all the right Marketing Touchpoints covered for your business. You can find that here for £7.
October Marketing Calendar
My aim is to make it easier to plan ahead for your social media schedule, create a relevant blog that speaks to your audience about something from this list, or even consider a limited edition product or service to capitalise on an event!
Accountability Zoom Calls
If you enjoy reading these Marketing Calendars each month, you might be pleased to know that I run regular Accountability Zoom Calls. In these monthly sessions, we discuss your bespoke marketing strategy plus any marketing related questions you have. If you’re interested in learning more, please book in for a free 15 minute call to suit your diary.