As the Corona virus escalates, I thought I’d craft a blog post about the things I’m doing to stay positive!
This Corona ‘beast’ is a bit unpredictable, and the next few months are going to be a roller coaster for us all, emotionally, physically and financially. We’re already being advised where we can and can’t go, but there is more than just a glimmer of hope that we’ll get through this, we HAVE to!
So, here are my 8 top tips to remaining positive, which in turn should be helpful to your business:
- Focus on what you DO have
- If you start to feel worried about the situation and don’t already have a ‘grateful journal’ – it’s something to consider.
- Write down the top 3 things, every evening before bed, that you’re grateful for. This can be a roof over your head and heating, or a compliment from a customer that day.
- Limit your news intake
- I’m not an anxious person, but as the Corona Virus unfolded and I watched the news a lot, I felt myself drawn in and thinking ‘what if’ all the time.
- Now, I just check BBC news or Sky News for the headlines and that’s it.
- Rely on good sources of information
- There is so much rubbish out there, people making things up and hearsay, it’s not conducive to running a healthy business.
- Only rely on good sources of information, such as the GOV.UK and WHO websites.
- Shop small and frequent
- This goes for your business and personal shopping. There’s no point in having lots of stock if things change with Government policies, so keep a tight ship with stock. Similarly, with home food shopping, we’re being told there’s plenty of food in the supply chain, it’s just that customers are buying so much extra to stock up that the shelves are bare. Little and often is key to share the supplies.
- Support other small businesses
- If money makes the world go round, then we need to continue to spend in order to keep the economy afloat.
- Choose to shop with small businesses where you can, support the high street again, and use this as a research project to find new indie food brands that you can fall in love with!
- Interrupt patterns of worry and doubt
- My friend Darren Stanton taught me that it’s easy to interrupt a pattern of thought, he says:
- “Every day we think about 60,000 separate thoughts, and these are the same thoughts we thought last year, last month, last week and last night. We are by nature creatures of habit. Try folding your arms in the usual way, now unfold them. Now fold them in the opposite direction! Feels weird? The brain operates in much the same way, it wants to find the path of least resistance, and think about things it has many times before. Interrupting the pattern can sometimes be challenging, but by setting an intention to recognise when you are thinking in a certain way, will allow you to think in a different direction. Energy goes where attention flows!
- Scenario plan for your path out of this situation
- This will come to an end, and by then, we’ll be ready to party the night away again, oops I mean knuckle down with business as usual.
- What does your business or life look like once this is over??
- Look out for positive stories and share them
I’m offering FREE advice for your independent business during the Corona Virus outbreak…
In the meantime, I have created a PDF with free advice during the Corona Virus outbreak, If you’re an independent business owner, right now you’ll be wondering:
- What’s happening?
- What changes do I need to make?
- What do I need to communicate?
- What Government help is available.
CLICK HERE to visit the page which has all the details you need.
I hope this is helpful, on a business or a personal level. If there’s anything else I can do to help, please get in touch.