Who is Rumi, and why are his quotes good for business?
I first came across some of Rumi’s quotes on Instagram and thought wow that really resonates with me, so I looked him up.
Rumi (aka Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī) was a 13th century Persian Poet and Islamic Scholar, who lived in (what we now call) Iran.
The quotes that I love are relative for life but translate well into business too.
See what you think…
- Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.
- Don’t act so small.
- When you do things from the soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
- As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.
- Life is a balance between holding on and letting go.
- It’s your road, and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
- Don’t be satisfied with stories. How things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.
- Inside you, there’s an artist you don’t know about.
- Seek the wisdom that will untie your knot. Seek the path that demands your whole being.
- Live life as if everything is rigged in your favour.
The first quote in particular resonates within me, as I have ran several businesses over the past 20 years. I feel the strange pull of what I love and it has never lead me astray.
Sometimes you just need the right support along the way!