Here are some of the main calendar events and awareness days that you need to know about in January.
They might form the basis of a blog post, a social media campaign, an email, or even a limited edition product or service for your business.
In case you didn’t know, January is a month for giving up alcohol with ‘Dry January‘ but also the polar opposite ‘Gin-uary!’ Another month long challenge is Veganuary, removing the consumption of meat and dairy.
Which of these will work for your business this month? What will your customers be interested to learn more about?
Specific Dates for marketing in January are…
- 1st New Year’s Day*
- 3rd – Festival of Sleep Day*
- 6th – Twelfth Night (the end of the Christmas festivities and the date decorations should come down)
- 13th – St Hilary’s Feast Day – believed to be the coldest day of the year. Brr.
- 17th – Ditch the new years resolutions day. Who has actually spent 365 days working on a resolution? Far too long, which is why I work business and personal goals around the moon cycle.
- 17th – Kid Inventors Day* – yesss, the Entrepreneurs of the future!
- 17th – Blue Monday
- 17th – Martin Luther King Day – always the third Monday in January.
- 18th – Winnie the Pooh Day*
- 20th – Cheese Lover’s Day
- 21st – Hugging Day
- 23rd – Pie Day
- 25th – Burn’s Night* A night to eat haggis, neeps and tattis and celebrate Robert Burns Poems.
- 28th – International Lego Day
- 28th – Global Community Engagement Day
(*Denotes it’s the same date every year.)
January Marketing Calendar
My aim is to make it easier to plan ahead for your social media schedule, create a relevant blog that speaks to your audience about something from this list, or even consider a limited edition product or service to capitalise on an event!